News and Announcements
The VILFHA Fall Annual General Meeting will be held:
Tuesday, September 4 at 7 pm
Room 329A, PISE, 4371 Interurban Road
* As per Regulations 4.1 c) Fines shall be imposed on any team: iv. For not having a Team Rep at Council meetings and/or General Meetings $25.00
The meeting agenda is attached to this notice. We will be ratifying the 2018 Fall schedule at this meeting and putting forward the following motion for some proposed amendments to the Constitution, Bylaws and Rules& Regulations to ensure they are in line with the Societies Act:
The members of the Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association resolve to repeal and replace the existing Constitution, Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association with the following documents to meet the requirements of the Societies Act (2016) of British Columbia:
• Constitution of the Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association, 2018
• Bylaws of the Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association, 2018
• Rules and Regulations Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association, 2018
We will also be reviewing three vacant Executive positions that need to be filled. We would like to thank the hard work and dedication of the following VILFHA Executive members:
• Ronnie Lee, Director of Operations
• Kate Knappett, Director of Events
• Ali Lee, Director of Communications
• Teresa Gregus, Secretary
These women volunteered a lot of their time to help support the League, and now we need some others to step up! See below for position descriptions and let Sandy Grimwood (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you are interested in volunteering or have any questions.
Director of Events:
• Oversee the activities of the Events committee members and ensure that events are staged professionally and efficiently.
• Offer support and director to the committee members.
• Maintain regular contact with the committee members.
• Liaise with the Director of Communications to ensure that events are properly publicized.
• Ensure that all events are used as fund raising opportunities.
• Liaise with the Field Hockey Victoria Special Events Committee.
• Attend Executive and Council meetings to report on the activities of her committee members.
• Have the following committee members reporting to her: Bunyan Tournament, Bridgman Cup, Masters Tournament, Finals Day, Social
• Events, Hosting Committees and other committee members as necessary.
• Assist the President in the duties of her office.
• Carry overall responsibility for the administrative side of the league’s operations, and support and provide advice to the Treasurer and Director of Membership, Events, and Communications. In the event of a Director’s absence or resignation the Second Vice-President will assume the Director’s role.
• Act as the chair of the Awards Committee
• Keep minutes of all meetings of the Association and issue minutes to members.
• Issue notices of meetings of the Association.
• Conduct the correspondence of the Association.
• Have custody of the records and documents of the Association, save those required to be kept by the Treasurer.
• Be a signing officer of the Association.
Director of League Operations:
• Oversee the activities of the League Operations Coordinators and ensure that tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
• Offer support and direction to her Committee members.
• Ensure that the playing objectives of the Association are met in that all teams play games on a regular basis, teams are treated fairly in terms of the use of the fields, umpiring assignments and schedule, and all teams are informed of changes to the schedule and other pertinent intonation
• Compile weekly results and standings
• Attend Executive and Council meetings to report on the activities of her committee.
• Have the following committee members reporting to her: Scheduling, Umpiring, and Facilities
We look forward to seeing you on September 4!
The document Fall_General_Meeting_of_VILFHA_-_2018_agenda-small.pdf was attached to this post.
Field Hockey Canada is looking for men and women (masters age categories) who are interested in competing at the World Masters Hockey Indoor World Cup. The date of the event is February 14-17, 2019. Deadline to indicate your interest is August 24, 2018.
Age Groups (Men’s & Women’s): 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+
Host Venue: Hong Kong Football Club, Hong Kong
Entry Fee: US$800 per team, Entries Close: 1 September 2018
- Deadline for indicating your interest is August 24, 2018.
- If you have questions, please write to Vernon Grattan-King: Grattan2006@yahoo.com
- Interest will determine how many age groups are entered
The Women’s Junior National Team camp is now running in two groups:
Group #1 — Saturday, August 18th – Tuesday, August 21st (some athletes from out of province arriving on Friday, August 17th)
Group #2 — Tuesday, August 21st – Friday, August 24th (some athletes from out of town leaving on Saturday, August 25th)
Some billets are still needed for these athletes if you are able to help on either or both of the date ranges above, please respond to Diane Gillis by e-mail (email@example.com) by Sunday, August 12th.
Families will be asked to help transport players to/from the field and will receive a $60 stipend for food for the players.
Golden Oldies Hockey first took to the field back in 1983 as a way for “older” (35+) players to keep playing the sport they love. In fact, the second Golden Oldies World Hockey Festival was held in Victoria in 1985. From September 15-22, 2019, the 19th Golden Oldies event will bring over 60 teams from around the world to Vancouver for an amazing week of on-field fun and off-field social events and activities. Get a team together and register now for one of the most memorable hockey events you’ll ever play in! For more information visit www.gohockeyvancouver.com or contact Christine Augusto at Christine@govsl.com.
2018 Summer Drop-In Hockey information:
The below dates are club-run drop-in sessions of pick-up hockey. Both session are co-ed and players should be registered with Field Hockey BC for insurance purposes. Depending on numbers, players will be split by an appropriate experience level. Beginners are welcome.
SAILORS FHC SUMMER DROP IN
Dates: Tuesdays (July 3 – Aug 28)
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Cost: $5.00 per player (must pay before playing)
Age: 14 and up
Contact: Ronnie Lee ( 250-727-6033 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
REBELS FHC SUMMER DROP IN
Dates: Thursdays (July 5-August 30)
Time : 7-8:30 pm
Cost: $5/session or $30 for the whole summer (9 sessions total)
For general questions, please e-mail VILFHA@gmail.com