Mark your Calendars for September 4 - VILFHA Fall 2018 AGM
The VILFHA Fall Annual General Meeting will be held:
Tuesday, September 4 at 7 pm
Room 329A, PISE, 4371 Interurban Road
* As per Regulations 4.1 c) Fines shall be imposed on any team: iv. For not having a Team Rep at Council meetings and/or General Meetings $25.00
The meeting agenda is attached to this notice. We will be ratifying the 2018 Fall schedule at this meeting and putting forward the following motion for some proposed amendments to the Constitution, Bylaws and Rules& Regulations to ensure they are in line with the Societies Act:
The members of the Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association resolve to repeal and replace the existing Constitution, Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association with the following documents to meet the requirements of the Societies Act (2016) of British Columbia:
• Constitution of the Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association, 2018
• Bylaws of the Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association, 2018
• Rules and Regulations Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association, 2018
We will also be reviewing three vacant Executive positions that need to be filled. We would like to thank the hard work and dedication of the following VILFHA Executive members:
• Ronnie Lee, Director of Operations
• Kate Knappett, Director of Events
• Ali Lee, Director of Communications
• Teresa Gregus, Secretary
These women volunteered a lot of their time to help support the League, and now we need some others to step up! See below for position descriptions and let Sandy Grimwood (email@example.com) know if you are interested in volunteering or have any questions.
Director of Events:
• Oversee the activities of the Events committee members and ensure that events are staged professionally and efficiently.
• Offer support and director to the committee members.
• Maintain regular contact with the committee members.
• Liaise with the Director of Communications to ensure that events are properly publicized.
• Ensure that all events are used as fund raising opportunities.
• Liaise with the Field Hockey Victoria Special Events Committee.
• Attend Executive and Council meetings to report on the activities of her committee members.
• Have the following committee members reporting to her: Bunyan Tournament, Bridgman Cup, Masters Tournament, Finals Day, Social
• Events, Hosting Committees and other committee members as necessary.
• Assist the President in the duties of her office.
• Carry overall responsibility for the administrative side of the league’s operations, and support and provide advice to the Treasurer and Director of Membership, Events, and Communications. In the event of a Director’s absence or resignation the Second Vice-President will assume the Director’s role.
• Act as the chair of the Awards Committee
• Keep minutes of all meetings of the Association and issue minutes to members.
• Issue notices of meetings of the Association.
• Conduct the correspondence of the Association.
• Have custody of the records and documents of the Association, save those required to be kept by the Treasurer.
• Be a signing officer of the Association.
Director of League Operations:
• Oversee the activities of the League Operations Coordinators and ensure that tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
• Offer support and direction to her Committee members.
• Ensure that the playing objectives of the Association are met in that all teams play games on a regular basis, teams are treated fairly in terms of the use of the fields, umpiring assignments and schedule, and all teams are informed of changes to the schedule and other pertinent intonation
• Compile weekly results and standings
• Attend Executive and Council meetings to report on the activities of her committee.
• Have the following committee members reporting to her: Scheduling, Umpiring, and Facilities
We look forward to seeing you on September 4!