News and Announcements
2014-2015 Annual General Meeting
Date: Monday, April 13, 2015
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Victoria Canoe and Kayak Club
355 Gorge Road West
Parking: Limited, but free parking @ Imperial Hallmark Cleaners
2922 Tillicum Road.
** PLEASE DO NOT park at: Il Greco Restaurant parking lot.
Light snacks and refreshments will be provided by the Association.
Check back here for further information on the agenda.
League, Playoff Winners Crowned
Congratulations to the below teams for their success in the season. Both Division 2 and Division 3 playoff finals went to shootouts. The Kestrels beat out the Ravens in the Division 3 final, while the Sailors beat out the Cardinals in Division 2. In Division 1, a late deflection goal gave Lynx 1 the playoff title over the Mariners with a 2-1 final score line.
Congratulations also to the Mariners (Div 1), Sailors (Div 2) and Ravens (Div 3) for winning the overall league titles, for the most accumulated points from September to April.
Annual Award winners including the Hibbert Trophy for most outstanding player, the Christine Trophy for service, sportsmanship and ability as well as the Division MVPs, Most Sportsmanlike teams, Most Improved Umpire and all three all-star teams will be handed out at the VILFHA AGM, hosted on April 13.
Div 1: Mariners
Div 2: Sailors
Div 3: Ravens
Div 1: Lynx 1
Div 2: Sailors
Div 3: Kestrels
For more team photos from the playoff games visit www.facebook.com/vancouverislandladiesfieldhockey
Congratulation to those teams who made it through this weekend’s semifinals.
Schedule for the finals on Saturday, March 28th are as follows:
Division 2: Sailors vs. Cardinals 10:00am
Division 3: Ravens vs. Kestrels 12:00pm
Division 1: Mariners vs. Lynx I 2:00 pm
Job Posting - VJFHA Administration Position
Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association – Administrator Position
The Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association (VJFHA) conducts a spring field hockey league from April through June each year. The Association is looking for a contract Administrator, reporting to the Association Treasurer, from May 2015 through June 2016 to assist with in-season and post-season activities for the 2015 season; and pre-season, in-season and post-season activities for the 2016 season. The work centres on membership management and communication. The contract will be reviewed for renewal on an annual basis by the board of directors.
Each year VJFHA runs a 10 week program for girls and boys aged 4 through 18. In 2014, over 400 players and 100 coaches were involved in the recreationally-focused program. An on-line system is used for player registration and payment of fees. The majority of the administration work occurs in February through April each year.
• provide and manage email communication to players, parents, division coordinators and coaches
• provide the lead administration role for the on-line registration system
• provide and manage specialized accounts for master coaches and division coordinators; and train coaches/coordinators in use of the system
• support players/parents as they register using the on-line system
• manage and maintain registration related information
• develop, maintain, manage and distribute division and team player lists
• prepare and submit player registration information to Field Hockey BC
• provide support to VJFHA special events such as Come Try the Game Free Days, First Day of Season, Photo Day, End of Season events, and Jamboree Day
• provide updates to the Board as requested
• provide a year-end report by June 30 each year
• attend VJFHA Board meetings when appropriate
You will bring to this position:
• good oral and written communication skills
• self-motivation and good attention to detail
• ability to provide positive phone and email support to people having trouble registering on the Juniors website
• your own computer for accessing email accounts and updating on-line resources
• available to work 40+ hours in each of February, March and April 2016
• knowledge of VJFHA activities and the game of field hockey is preferred
Proposed payment schedule and expected hours:
• Dec – $200 – 10 hours
• Jan – $500 – 25 hours
• Feb – $800 – 40 hours
• Mar – $1000 – 50 hours
• Apr – $1300 – 65 hours
• May – $300 – 15 hours
• June – $200 – 10 hours
• July through November – $200 – 10 hours over the five month period
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit a and outlining your qualifications for the position via email to Bill Moffat, Treasurer, Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than . All questions should be directed to the above email address.
Semi-Final Schedule, March 21, 2015
Standings: Division 1: Division 2: Division 3:
1. Mariners Sailors Ravens
2. Patriots Lynx 2 Stellers
3. Lynx I Cardinals Kestrels
4. Flickers Blue Jays Pirates
Game Start: Team: vs. Team:
8:00 am Sailors Blue Jays
9:45 am Lynx 2 Cardinals
11:15 am Ravens Pirates
1:00 pm Stellers Kestrels
2:45 pm Mariners Flickers
4:30 pm Patriots Lynx I
Please note, all semi-final games must have a result. Tie-breaking will following the FHC tournament regulations, using the shoot-out method. The procedures can be found in the document sections of the website.