Update for UVIC scrimmages
Back to UVIC this weekend! To be able to continue to play our sport, we must follow the requirements set out by FHBC, ViaSport, VILFHA and UVic:
Before the game
- Do a health check – are you exhibiting any symptoms of illness? If so, STAY HOME.
- Bring only what you absolutely need – stick, mouthguard, water bottle. Minimize bags and gear and keep yours apart from others’ belongings.
- Stay 2 metres apart when not playing It does not matter if you are in the same cohort as someone else in another situation (i.e. school).
- Enter the field through the farthest gate from the road.
- Wear a mask onto the field. You can take it off for warm-up and play
- Use hand sanitizer as you enter the field.
- Bring your completed attestation form. Updated forms are available here. All forms will be shredded after 30 days.
- Do not touch any equipment with your hands, including balls and the goal. If a goal needs to be moved players should use the sanitizer spray bottle provided to disinfect the surfaces before and after moving the goal.
During the scrimmage
- Spectators are not allowed.
- No cheering before the scrimmage.
- No high fives after goal scoring.
- No cheering at the end the scrimmage.
After the scrimmage
- Put your mask back on.
- Maintain your 2 m distance from others.
- Exit through the closest gate to the road.
- Sanitize and wash your hands.
- Travel outside of your home community is not permitted – anyone coming from outside of Victoria should not come.
- Please do not feel you have to participate. We completely understand that different people have different risk requirements, assessments and some have more exposure to more vulnerable people. This is a fun, scrimmage season – with no obligations.
- Let’s run around, play good hockey, have fun and support each other – as safely as possible.