FHV COVID-19 Update
Update from Field Hockey Victoria:
Field Hockey Victoria (FHV) has been in touch with Vikes Athletics and Recreation regarding the use of the water-based turf, Field 1. At this time, booking of the turf for the community is not available. They would like to do so in the near future and will require an FHV safety plan as part of a bigger safety plan that has to get approved through a few layers at the University level. The entire process is aimed to be complete by the middle of September.
It should be noted that FHBC still does not have a return to competition plan. Scrimmages, modified games, and match-play are NOT SANCTIONED at this time. Please read the “Responsible Return to Play” below for more information.
Once booking is available, there will be no change in turf rental rates at this time. There will be no change to the booking process. The FHV turf coordinator will advise of additional terms and conditions of use, ensuring the following items are communicated and agreed upon.
It should be noted that other field/facilities (other than at UVic) may be available for FHV members to use. As such, FHV requires the following responsible return to play framework regardless of location.
RESPONSIBLE RETURN TO PLAY
FHV requires all members to familiarize themselves with the FHBC Responsible Return to Play Framework for any and all field hockey sessions. FHV is the Local Sport Organization (LSO) as referenced in the FHBC framework. See here: https://fieldhockeybc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/2020-First-Stage-Responsible-Return-to-Play-Framework-Field-Hockey-BC-COVID-19-Response-June-11-2020-amended-July-29-2020.pdf
The following are mandatory elements for every field hockey session/activity:
- Pre-activity health screening for all participants
- Pre-activity reminder of public health guidelines to all participants
COVID-19 Attestation Questionnaire (attached) completed for all participants
Note: all completed questionnaires must be held by the permit holder for up to 2 years to ensure information is available should contact tracing be required.
Since the majority of field hockey activities will happen at UVic’s Field 1, all participants must follow the attached field/facility access plan. If using a different facility, all participants must adhere to the field/facility access plan provided by the booking authority for that space in addition to the FHBC framework. Session plans must incorporate a 15-minute Facility Entry Protocol (to collect questionnaires and verbally check in with all athletes) and a 15-minute Facility Exit Protocol (to ensure athlete, coach, and officer departure prior to subsequent session booking).
The following are mandatory elements for setting up a field hockey activity:
- Coaches must consider equipment setup to ensure social distance is maintained throughout the session. Please refer to FHBC Head Coach checklist (follow the link above) more detail.
- Safety officers must come prepared with all appropriate forms/checklists. Safety officers must wear a high viz vest or jacket at all times. Please refer to FHBC Safety Officer checklist (follow the link above) for more detail.
- A hard copy of the Emergency Action Plan (EAP) (attached) must be at each session and this documentation should include a First Aid response and Outbreak plan.
Athlete capacity must meet the following restrictions (diagram on page 25 of the FHBC Framework):
- A maximum of 8 athletes are permitted per quarter
- The booking group must assign one (1) coach for each athlete-group (max. 8 players per player-group)
- The booking group must assign one (1) safety officer to every two athlete-groups (max. 16 players each)
- The maximum occupancy per field is 38 (32 athletes, 4 coaches, 2 safety officers)
- The coach, safety officer, and athlete can not be the same person.
Players should be reminded:
- Not to arrive before their scheduled time, and to immediately leave the field once the session is complete.
- Not to attend if experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms.
- To exit the premises if any symptoms manifest during the session.
- To only bring their stick and water bottle. All safety equipment (e.g. shin guards, mouthguard) should be put on prior to entering the field. Bags should not be brought onto the field space.
- Not to touch any facility equipment. If a goal need to be moved, players should use the sanitizer spray bottle provided to disinfect the surfaces after moving the goal.
- To maintain physical distance at all times, and to practice good hygiene when coughing/sneezing.
- That they must be a registered FHBC member, in good standing. (i.e. FHBC player dues paid and received).
Thanks to everyone for your patience as we responsibly return to play.
President, Field Hockey Victoria
See related documents:
FHV COVID-19 Attestation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeffn4dcs7ye6z4/FHV%20COVID%20Attestation.pdf?dl=0
FHV COVID UVic Turf map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/duim6rcjfp6x271/FHV%20COVID%20Turf%20Map.pdf?dl=0
FHV Emergency Action Plan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4trc0nykq4ky6ub/FHV%20Emergency%20Action%20Plan.pdf?dl=0